Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reset Button

There are those days when you just need to hit your reset button. I know everyone has them - the ones where so much is building up and going wrong and needing fixing that you just need to say, "Whoa. Reset. Let's try that again."

My reset button changes all the time. I'm never sure where I'll find it. And sometimes things will build for days or weeks before it comes time for the reset button again. But, eventually, it turns up. And I can feel all the stress and trouble and pain and worry just kind of release - at least temporarily.

Today I was just walking on the beach - which I found often triggers it. But it was not a particularly nice day. It was kind of foggy. High tide. No sun or blue sky to speak of. I was walking with two of my rangers -both people that I enjoy immensely - and they invited me out "to see the pelagic barnacle log". Now who can turn that down? So I went. And this is what I saw.




It was beautiful - weird and squishy and alien - but beautiful. And I thought, "Wow. I'm glad I hang out with people that would think to show this to me."


Click.
Reset.
Thanks to Ranger Pat and Ranger Steve.

No comments: