Saturday, April 4, 2009

To find....

I wrote this a few years ago, but just found it recently. Somehow it seems appropriate.

I am sometimes lost.

I long to find a land I love
Filled to full with mountain song
Bubbling with water romp and babbling with robin talk
And with sunny sky on snowy slopes
That glow to green as winter melts.


I long to find my heart a home
Hung with silvery lupine blooms
Colored thick with paintbrush red
And built of pine and post and stone
Strong enough to stand alone.


I long to find a memory
That keeps those bright blue angel days
That slow and set and simmer down
To golden plumes and purple sighs
That roll in late like mountain tides.


But I find myself in love at once
And all my longings fade away
When the clouds before my windows lift
The Tetons rise, are sunlight crowned
And in that moment


I am found.

1 comment:

maureenfinnerty said...

That does seem appropriate...